How BOM YEG Started
It was all a dream!
A simple re-share of BOM YYCs inaugural event spurred our co-founders to assemble a team and help support our Black entrepreneurial community.
We understand that creating safe & welcoming spaces and platforms are at the heart of bringing communities together.
Our primary goal for the BOM YEG E-Marketplace is to have an E-marketplace which runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Help make our dreams true
The Black-Owned Market Edmonton (BOM YEG) is a community-orientated space that was created to provide Black-Owned small businesses with a platform and welcoming space to test, launch or sell their products.
We expect that with this the online new marketplace, we will be able to reach an even wider audience as access to our market will be accessible from the comfort of people's homes.
The BOM YEG team consists of multitalented representatives & trustworthy leaders from the Albertan Black community.
Objectives include but are not limited to:
- Provide local Black businesses, entrepreneurs & creatives with a platform to sell/share their products, goods, and services
- Build a sense of community and solidarity among the Black community in Edmonton through the creation of a communal gathering place
- Provide local consumers with the opportunity to access quality goods and services offered by primarily Black-owned initiatives
- Stimulate long-lasting economic development and investment within Black communities and businesses in Edmonton
- Provide the wider Edmonton community the opportunity and structure to invest in Black-owned businesses